What is ESN?
Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is one of the biggest interdisciplinary student associations in Europe. Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization.
ESN’s goal is to work for international students who spend, have spent or are planning to spend parts or all of their university studies in another country than their country of origin.
What is ESN Denmark?
ESN Denmark aims at working in the interest of students who are spending parts of or their entire formal education at a higher education institution in Denmark.
ESN aims at creating conditions for the better understanding of each other’s cultures between students of different origins. Each university has its own ESN Section.
ESN Sections are here to help you and to make your time in Denmark the best experience of your life!
In order to achieve this goal, we organise seminars and presentations, trips, cultural and social activities and much more throughout the academic year.
At the moment ESN Denmark has 5 different sections:
Goals of ESN Denmark
The goals of ESN Denmark are:
- Improvement of the social and practical integration of international students at their host institutions.
- Representation of the needs and expectations of international students studying in Denmark.
- Provision of relevant information about academic exchange programs and ESN resources.
- Reintegration of homecoming students - Danish or International.
- Contributions of evaluations and other services relevant for improving educational exchange programs, student mobility and internationalization in general.
- Motivating students to spend a period of their higher education in another country.
- Social and practical preparation of the brink of their mobility periods.
- Facilitation and organization of activities which foster broader cultural understanding and self-development.
- Internationalization at home: Providing an intercultural experience also to those students who for some reason cannot access a period abroad.
- Cooperation and exchange of information within sections.
- Representing the interest of Danish sections on international level, as well as supporting and developing ESN.
ESN Dennark is organizing events on both national and local level.
For events on local level - please check the individual sections.
We work actively with projects that will improve the situation for international students studying in Denmark. Those projects are based on three levels: local, national and international.