Fjord Explorer by ESN Denmark
Come and discover the Fjords of Norway with ESN Denmark and Scanbalt Experience! See the beautiful cities of Norway like the capital Oslo and Hanseatic Bergen. Also the fjords in Norway, surrounded by majestic, snow-covered mountain peaks, wild waterfalls and lush, green vegetation. The fjord area is like a great playground for those who love activities and for those who just love beautiful nature.
Duration: 7 days/6 nights
Departure city: Copenhagen
Price: 350 EUR (355 EUR without ESNcard)
Booking link: http://bit.ly/2v0L5dh
- Transport by bus start/end Oslo
- Cruise ferry tickets Copenhagen-Oslo-Copenhagen
- 2 nights sleeping on the cruise ship
- Day 02 All-you-can-eat Breakfast Buffet on DFDS ferry
- 1 breakfast in Bergen
- 4,5h Boat cruise on Sognefjord
- 4 nights accommodation in hostels or cottages (shared rooms for 4-8 people)
- Services and guiding from Scanbalt tour manager
- Guided tour in Oslo and Bergen
- Meals (we have access to the kitchens where we stay)
- Optional entrance fees and activities
- Bedlinen (possible to rent but we suggest to bring your own to save some cash)
- Optional activity: Glacier hike including guide and equipment – cost 65 EUR
- Experience the amazing landscape and breathtaking views of fjords
- Ferry cruise between Copenhagen and Oslo
- Visit to Borgund Stave church (outside visit)
- Oslo, Bergen and fjords area
- Adventure activities like hiking, walk to the glacier etc
- Boat cruise on Sognefjord
- Glacier hike 50 EUR
- Bed linen/towels
- Borgund Stave Chruch (if you wish to visit inside)
Oslo: Anker Hostel http://www.ankerhostel.no/
Central location, 6-8 bed rooms with own bathroom and mini-kitchen cooking gear can be rented from reception for deposit to use in the room, breakfast available for 110 NOK. Free wifi in the lobby
Gjerde: Jostedal camping http://www.jostedalcamping.no
Jostedal Camping, former Gjerde Camping, offers affordable accommodation in cabins of different sizes. The campsite is only 5 km from Jostedalsbreen National Park. The campsite is idyllically situated at Gjerde, in the valley Jostedalen, where the tributary Krundøla flows into the river Jostedøla. At Gjerde, you will find a grocery, a petrol station and a hotel & café, serving home-made food. Well equipped kitchen.
Bergen: Montana hostel http://www.montana.no/en/
Location near Mount Ulriken, 3 km from center, 4-bed rooms, equipped kitchen. Buffet breakfast included. Free WiFi in the lobby.
Day 1 Departure
We meet at the departure point in the evening and board DFDS ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo. We will spend a night on the ferry at 4-bed shared cabins. You will have plenty of time to get to know each other and spend a fun evening.
Day 2 Oslo
We embark to Oslo in the morning and have a breakfast buffet on the ferry. We will meet our bus at the port and start a guided city tour of Oslo. After city tour we can check-in to our hostel. Evening free to discover Oslo on your own or join the group for a night out (please bring your ID).
Day 3 Oslo-Gjerde
In the morning we depart towards the Fjords and drive across the mountains. We head to Jostedal where we will stay for two nights next to the breathtaking view over the fjords and beautiful glacier river. On the way we will stop and also take a photo at the famous wooden church – Borgund Stave Church. You will be able to discover the area on your own and later in the evening we will have a barbeque.
Day 4 Gjerde
Departure for glacier hike on Nigardsbreen, guided by local professional guides. We walk on the ice with safety equipment (crampons, ice-axe, rope). It will be good if you have your own hiking boots. This walk can be challenging and takes you through more difficult blue ice formations. Be equipped for variations in weather and temperature, from sunshine to rain. It is also possible to stay at the camping ground and hike in the area. In the evening it is possible to have a barbeque.
Day 5 Gjerde-Bergen
In the early morning we will depart for Leikanger by bus. From Leikanger we will have 4,5 hours boat cruise to Bergen - hanseatic city by the Atlantic Ocean. Upon arrival we meet the local guide and have a guided walking tour. After the city walk you will have some free time.
Day 6 Bergen-Oslo
After breakfast we will leave Bergen for Oslo by bus. Upon arrival we say goodbye to the tour manager and depart from Oslo to Copenhagen by DFDS ferry. Overnight on the ferry, 4-bed shared cabins.
Day 7 Return to Copenhagen
In the morning you will arrive back to Copenhagen. We hope you gathered the memories of a lifetime!
Please note there might appear some changes in the programme and hostels are up to availability.
See you there?
- An ESNcard of this section required.
- Everyone is invited.